Benefits to Watershed Community
Providence Water and the Scituate Reservoir Watershed property provide a wide range of benefits to the watershed community.
- The reservoirs and surrounding forest offer a natural backdrop and scenic vistas.
- The water supply system is a quiet neighbor that preserves rural character in the watershed towns and helps promote sustainable community growth.
- An active land conservation program protects land from development and increases the value of the remaining private property.
- Undeveloped forestlands protect the groundwater aquifers which local residents and businesses rely on for their own private drinking water wells.
- Providence Water supports the financial stability of each of the watershed towns and helps reduce the costs of public services.
Free public tours are designed to provide Providence Water's neighbors with a better understanding of forestry and land management. For additional information please visit our Public Field Tours page.